How can you make morning meetings the most productive of the day? How can you shake off that sleepy feeling and fire up your creativity?
The answer’s simple: a nutrient-packed breakfast.
We all love coffee and caffeine can kick-start your brain when you wake up, but a balanced breakfast provides the fuel you really need for a full day of productive thinking.
Making the right choices at breakfast time can boost your energy, improve your mood and prepare you for a high-performance early start.
Put some of the following five ingredients on your breakfast plate for a productivity pick-me-up:
- Eggs contain choline, a vitamin-like nutrient that stimulates production of a key neurotransmitter responsible for mental clarity, memory and healthy formation of neuron connections.
- Salmon has a high concentration of Omega-3 healthy fatty acids. These don’t just help your skin and hair look great – they have also been proven to improve your mood, levels of comprehension and memory.
- Whole grain foods such as breads and cereals containing a high level of folate can regulate mood, sleep and appetite.
- Berries have combinations of antioxidants that improve memory and motor coordination. And they’re delicious!
- Bananas contain the key to energy: glucose. A single banana has the daily amount of glucose your body needs, helping you to start your day fully fuelled.
Water is another essential breakfast component – good hydration helps you function at your best at any time of day. But feel free to enjoy a coffee too!
The perfect breakfast should be nutritious AND delicious. A meal you love will put a smile on your face – and the physical act of smiling improves your mood all by itself. It’s a feel-good feedback loop that starts with a healthy breakfast.
Here’s how we do it at Le Méridien Barcelona:
Our Le Méridien Barcelona Signature Breakfasts enliven the morning with distinct flavours inspired by the city. You can choose from a savoury selection of classic breakfast favourites given a local, modern twist.
The following dishes are a few of our recommendations, but the combinations through our Signature Breakfast are endless.
- Fresh fruit salad and Samfaina Omelette
- Wholegrain cereal with berries, banana and yogurt
- Smoked salmon toast with cream cheese and a side of fruit salad
If you want a refreshing morning drink with more pizzazz than pure water provides, check out our Eye Openers. Created to compliment your breakfast, Eye Openers refreshments provide savoury, sweet, spicy or tangy invigoration with every glass. Every drink is a healthy, Barcelona-inspired sip of discovery.